Cupcake Belleâ€™s Chocolate Lollipops
200g milk chocolate, chopped or buttons
Greaseproof or baking paper
Microwave-proof jug or a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water
Cake pop sticks
- Before you begin, place a sheet of greaseproof paper or baking paper on a baking tray.
- To melt your chocolate, place it in a jug in the microwave and heat it on a medium heat in short bursts of 10 to 20 seconds. Keep checking and stirring to see if it has melted. Or you can put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water until it has completely melted.
- When melted, pour the chocolate straight from the jug onto the greaseproof paper to make thick puddles of chocolate. This is trickier to do from a bowl, so you might want to transfer it into a jug first. Make each circle 3 or 4cm apart and leave space below each one for the sticks.
- Use the back of a teaspoon to smooth out each chocolate puddle into a neat circle.
- Now take a cake pop stick, lay it on top of a chocolate circle and twist it to cover it in chocolate. Do this for each chocolate circle to turn them into lollipops.
- While the chocolate is still wet, scatter over the top with your favourite hundreds and thousands or sprinkles. This is the really fun bit!
- Now leave your Chocolate Lollipops to harden in a cool, dry place or in the fridge.
- When theyâ€™re ready, you can just peel them away from the greaseproof paper to eat them!
We hope you enjoy your delicious Chocolate Lollipops! Happy chocolate week with love from Cupcake Belle and friends xxx
PS How many cherries can you count in this picture?