Making pressed flowers is easy and you can use them to make pretty pictures. Hereâ€™s how to do it…
How to Press Flowers
Lots of lovely flowers (ask a grown-up to help you cut them)
Big heavy books
- Dip your flowers in cold water and gently pat them dry with kitchen towel.
- If you want some of your flowers to lie flat with the petals spread out, ask a grown-up to trim off the stems at the back.
- Take a clean sheet of kitchen towel and fold it in half. Place it in the middle of a big heavy book.
- Arrange your flowers on the kitchen towel with a bit of space between each one.
- Fold the other half of kitchen towel over the top of the flowers and carefully close the book. Put another heavy book on top of it.
- Leave the flowers to dry out for at least two weeks â€“Â four is even better!
- Open the book and take the pressed flowers out. Youâ€™ll be able to use them to make lovely pictures!
Weâ€™d love to see your pressed flowers when theyâ€™re done - email a photo and weâ€™ll post them here! Check back later this summer and weâ€™ll give you some ideas of what to do with your pretty pressed flowers!
We hope you have fun! Love and magic dust from the Magic Belles in Bellevue! xxx