Show someone special how much you love them with Cupcake Belle‘s yummy Chocolate Heart Cookies!
They taste great on their own, or you can decorate them with pink strawberry-flavoured chocolate stripes to make them look pretty! Hereâ€™s how to bake them…
Cupcake Belleâ€™s Chocolate Heart Cookies
100g self-raising flour
25g cocoa powder
75g chilled unsalted butter
50 caster sugar
1 medium egg (yolk only)
Pink chocolate or candy melts
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl.
- Chop the butter into small cubes and add it to the bowl.
- Stir in the butter so that itâ€™s covered with flour, then rub it between your fingertips until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Stir the egg yolk into the mixture, then use your hands to knead it into a ball of dough.
- Wrap the dough ball in cling film and put it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper and sprinkle flour over your work surface. Heat the oven to gas mark 6/200ÂºC/400ÂºF.
- On your work surface, roll out the chocolatey dough to 3 or 4mm thick, then use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out lots of hearts.
- Place the hearts on your baking tray, then bake the Chocolate Heart Cookies for 10 minutes.
- While the cookies are cooling, melt the pink chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- When itâ€™s melted, use a spoon to drizzle stripes back and forth over the top of your cookies.
Delicious! Why not put them in a pretty box and tie a pink ribbon around it to make them look extra special? We hope you like these yummy cookies!
Happy baking with love from your fairy friend, Cupcake Belle! xxx