Her favourites are shiny jewel beetles. Theyâ€™re called jewel beetles because of their bright and amazing colours. Look at this one â€“Â itâ€™s so pretty!
There are thousands of different types of jewel beetle and they live in many countries all over the world. Because theyâ€™re so beautiful, some people use their wings to make jewellery â€“Â but this makes Butterfly Belle sad. Thatâ€™s why she had the idea to make beautiful beetle brooches using colourful sweetie wrappers! Find out how to make your own…Make a Beautiful Beetle Brooch
Quality Street cellophane wrappers
Sequins and gems
Sticky pads or glue dots
- Cut a circle and an almond shape out of white card.
- Cut two almond or half moon shapes out of a coloured sweet wrapper to make wings.
- Glue a wrapper onto the card circle and a different coloured wrapper onto the almond shape. Trim them both to the same size as the card.
- Glue the wings onto the body and glue the head on top of the wings.
- Decorate your beetle with sparkly sequins and pretty gems.
- Finish off with googly eyes and a smile, then stick on your brooch using sticky pads or glue dots!
Have fun making your beetle brooch - and donâ€™t forget to email us a picture! Love from the Magic Belles xxx