Learn how to turn the Magic Belles fluffy friends Pretty Kitten and Little Mouse into adorable candy cane gifts for your little ones in this clever Christmas craft! Hereâ€™s how to do it…
Candy Cane Cuties
You need:Your Pretty Kitten and Little Mouse templates
Felt in bright pink, pale pink, pale blue, black, white and brown
Thread in pink, blue, black and brown
- Print out and cut around your Pretty Kitten and Little Mouse templates.
- Use the templates to cut out the two pink Pretty Kitten shapes from the pink felt and the two blue Little Mouse shapes from the pale blue felt.
- Cut out two pairs of eyes from the black felt, plus a little brown nose and a little pink nose.
- Also cut out two white cheeks and two pink ears for the mouse, and two pink heart-shaped ears for the kitten. If you like, cut out extra pink stripes for the kittenâ€™s face.
- Arrange all the little pieces for the faces on the head parts of the templates and use fabric glue to stick them in place.
- Finish Pretty Kittenâ€™s face by sewing on a little mouth and two eyelashes. Also sew a pink line to separate her front paws. Glue her head and body together.
- Finish Little Mouseâ€™s face by sewing on a little blue mouth and and black eyelashes, and gluing his head and body together.
- Finally, cut two horizontal parallel slits, about 1.5 cm long, across the top of both bodies.
- Slot a colourful candy cane through each slit so that the hooked ends make curly tails for Pretty Kitten and Little Mouse!
Give your Candy Cane Cuties to a special friend, attach them to presents or use them as placeholders at a Christmas party! You could even turn Pretty Kitty and Little Mouse into hanging ornaments! Arenâ€™t they clever?
We hope you enjoy making this lovely Christmas craft! Look out for more lovely ideas soon. With love and magic dust from the Magic Belles in Bellevue xxx