If itâ€™s not raining, you can make your own soothing pitter patters or noisy rainstorm sounds with Love Belle‘s super rain shaker! Hereâ€™s how to make it…
Love Belleâ€™s Super Rain Shaker
Empty crisp or biscuit tube
Coloured paper in red, blue, dark pink and light pink
Dried beans or seeds
- Wrap your red paper around the crisp or biscuit tube. Use your pencil to mark the paper if itâ€™s too long and cut it to size.
- Glue the paper around the tube.
- Draw and cut out lots of dark pink hearts and some smaller light pink hearts. Glue the small hearts to middle of the big ones.
- Draw and cut out some raindrop shapes from blue paper â€“Â draw smily faces on them if you like.
- Stick the hearts and raindrops all over the tube to decorate it.
- Pour some dried beans or seeds inside the tube and secure the lid with sticky tape if you need to.
- Now get shaking! Tip it slowly from side-to-side for gentle sounds and shake it harder for crashing rainstorm sounds! For a different sound, glue strips of corrugated cardboard inside the tube, so that the beans shake across them on the way up and down.
This is one of the easiest musical instruments to make! Why donâ€™t you also make some of Love Belle‘s other instruments, like her Pink Heart Guitar and jingly Paper Plate Tambourine? You can make a Magic Belles fairy band!
We hope you have magical, musical fun with your shaker, with love from the Magic Belles in Bellevue xxx
Parent note: This activity is good for developing fine motor skills such as sticking, cutting and shaking. Itâ€™s also great for dancing and movement, distinguishing different sounds and using the imagination.