The skies may be gloomy, but itâ€™s never grey in Rainbow Belle‘s house! Pot of Gold Place is always bursting with colour - especially at Christmas when Rainbow Belle likes to make sure her house is the brightest and most colourful in all of Bellevue!
Instead of painting rainbows in the sky, sheâ€™s painting them in her home! This week, sheâ€™s been weaving rainbow-coloured papers to make decorations for her tree and cards for her friends. Would you like to know how to do it?
Paper Weaving with Rainbow Belle
A4 papers in six different rainbow colours
Glue or double-sided sticky tape
Cookie cutters or stencils
Cotton thread (if making them into tree decorations)
- Fold your papers into concertinas and then use the folds as guides to cut out lots of strips - try to make them all the same width and length.
- Place a red strip vertically on your table and lay an orange strip horizontally across the top of it, so that it covers the top of the red.
- Place a yellow strip vertically next to the red strip, lying the top of it over the orange strip.
- Take a green strip and place it horizontally next to the orange strip, but tuck it under the red strip and over the yellow one.
- Now lie a blue strip vertically and next to the yellow one. It should weave under the horizontal orange strip and over the green one.
- Carry on like this, alternating horizontal and vertical strips and making sure they weave over and under the other strips. Each strip you add should be in rainbow order: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.
- When you have a good square or rectangle of woven paper, put a plain sheet of A4 paper behind it and stick the woven paper down to secure it.
- Now decide which shapes you want to cut out. Rainbow Belle used some of Cupcake Belle‘s favourite Christmas cookie cutters to draw around and cut out bells (of course!), holly leaves, stars, baubles and fir trees.
- Once youâ€™ve cut out your rainbow woven shapes, you can make holes in the top and thread cotton through to turn them into hanging decorations or stick them to colourful card to make rainbow Christmas cards!
Weâ€™ve really enjoyed having a go at Rainbow Belle‘s paper weaving this week and canâ€™t wait to hang them all on our tree!
Have a flutterly lovely week and we hope you have some fun Christmassy things planned. Love and magic dust from the Magic Belles! xxx