Make Flower Belleâ€™s magical mossy mini world in a glass jar! Hereâ€™s how to do it.
Make a Mossy Terrarium
Red craft foam
Clean, empty jar
Small pebbles or stones
Few pieces of moss
Small pieces of bark
Leaves, twigs, acorns or succulents (optional)
- Cut out a small oval from the red foam. Use a black felt-tip to colour in the heads.
- Draw a line down the centre of the back to make two wings and add some spots. Make a few more ladybirds.
- Cover the bottom of the jar with a layer of pebbles and stones, then cover the pebbles with a layer of soil. Dampen the soil with water.
- Carefully place some pieces of moss inside the jar. Add a few more things like small pieces of bark or small leaves.
- Now place your foam ladybirds in their new terrarium home!
You can discover where to find moss with Flower Belle, and you can carefully lift away small clumps with a spoon. Keep the moss moist by spritzing inside the jar with water every few days â€“ this will help it to stay fresh and green.
Have fun making your own mini world â€“ why not add a dollâ€™s house chair, a glittery acorn or a pine cone to make your mini Mossy Terrarium look extra magical? With love and magic dust from the Magic Belles in Bellevue xxx