Whatever the weather and no matter what colour the sky is - grey, blue, filled with golden sunshine or white snowflakes - you can bet that Rainbow Belle is fluttering somewhere close by trying to fill your world with lovely colours. See if you can spot her!
Maybe sheâ€™s painting a rainbow with her enchanted paintbrush, or perhaps sheâ€™s painting a special picture to brighten up someoneâ€™s day… she thinks colour makes everyone happy and so do we - thatâ€™s one of the reasons that Bellevue is such a colourful, cheerful place.
Today, Rainbow Belle would like to show you how to paint a rainbow in a magical Rainbow Tray. Make sure you have your Enchanted Paintbrush close by!Make a Magical Rainbow Tray!
A sheet of white paper cut to fit inside the tray
Paints in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet
Big paintbrush, water pot and kitchen towel to dry brush
Plastic food bag
Salt, caster sugar or sand
Pink powder food colour (optional)
- Take your sheet of white paper and divide it into seven stripes using your pencil â€“Â this will be your guide for painting.
- Take a clean plastic food bag and pour in enough salt, caster sugar or sand to cover the tray. If you want to colour the salt, pour in a little pink powder food colour, too.
- Shake and scrunch the bag until the salt turns pink! (This is fun!)
- When the rainbow paper is dry, place it in the bottom of the tray and pour the pink salt over the top, so that the rainbow is completely covered.
- Now take your Enchanted Paintbrush and start making pictures â€“ or you can use your finger if you like! Just draw a picture in the salt and the rainbow colours will show through. When youâ€™ve finished, take a photo, shake the tray and start again! You can use your Rainbow Tray over and over again!
Have a colourful week everyone! Lots of love, rainbows and magic dust from the Magic Belles in Bellevue. xxx