Cupcake Belle's Dress
COMPETITION TIME… Win a Magic Belles dress! (And get it in time for Christmas!)
Would you like to win a flutterly GORGEOUS Magic Belles dress for your little one? Then youâ€™re in the right place!
One lucky winner will get a beautiful handmade Magic Belles dress in super-soft cord, lined with cute polka dot fabric and trimmed with ric-rac â€“ in the colours and featuring the appliqued icon of your daughterâ€™s favourite Magic Belle! (Just like Cupcake Belleâ€™s dress on the right.)
How fabulous is that?
The wonderful prize dress will be made by our talented friend Kirsty at Wild Things Dresses, who is producing our first ever range of Magic Belles dresses.
To be in with a chance to win, all you have to do is tell us who your daughterâ€™s favourite Magic Belle
is and why!
You can enter by doing one of the following:
- Send your answer by email with the subject ‘Win A Dressâ€™
- Follow us on Twitter and send us a message with your answer and the hashtag #winadress
- Like us on Facebook and leave a message on our wall with your answer and the hashtag #winadress
OR triple your chances of winning by entering the competition in all three ways! Each individual answer will be placed in our Magic Belles handbag and a winner will be randomly selected.
Wishing you all lots of luck and magic dust from the Magic Belles in Bellevue. xxx
Please note: the competition closes at midnight, Friday 25 November.
Thank you sondyaustin for the lovely photo.
Some of our little friends have been asking what Flower Belle
gets up to in autumn and winter, when there arenâ€™t so many flowers.
Well, sheâ€™s busy looking after the pretty flowers that grow at this time of year, like winter pansies. Did you know that pansies have many different names? Flower Belleâ€™s favourite is ‘Jump Up and Kiss Meâ€™!
Flower Belle is also busy planting and caring for the thousands of bulbs that will flower next spring. Itâ€™s thanks to her hard work now that youâ€™ll enjoy cheerful daffodils, tulips and many other beautiful spring flowers!
Flower Belleâ€™s other favourite autumn activity is fluttering around gardens and admiring the beautiful colours! Red, orange, gold and yellow - so pretty!
In fact, all those colours gave Flower Belle an idea for a fun make… an autumn flower made out of leaves. Why not give it a go?
Make An Autumn Flower Collage
Lots of autumn leaves
PVA glue and glue brush
- Choose several large leaves and brush the back of each one with glue.
- Stick them down to the card to look like flower petals.
- Now do the same with the smaller leaves, layering them on top of the large ones.
- Take a small leaf, roll it up and stick it to the centre of your leaf flower.
- Now for some glittery fun: brush glitter glue over the leaves and put a large blob inside the leaf in the centre.
Our leaf flower reminds Flower Belle of an autumn daffodil. What do you think?
We hope you have good, glittery fun trying this at home! Love and magic dust from Flower Belle and all her friends in Bellevue. xxx
Cupcake Belle's Dress
We have a very exciting announcement in Bellevue this week that weâ€™ve been longing to share with you…
Our talented friend Kirsty at Wild Things Dresses is now making a super special, handmade range of Magic Belles dresses, starting with Cupcake Belleâ€™s cute dress!
Kirstyâ€™s gorgeous dresses are available to buy at Etsy and the UK-based Folksy, too.
Each dress is made from lovely soft cord in the colour of a Magic Belles character, with a cute pocket on the front and an applique of a special wonder. Even the buttons have cute Magic Belles details!
Hereâ€™s our flutterly lovely little Flutterbud Friend Maya on the left, modelling Cupcake Belleâ€™s dress
. Doesnâ€™t she look adorable?
Best of all, a percentage from every Wild Things Dresses/Magic Belles dress sale goes to the international childrenâ€™s charity, Unicef.
We are huge fans of Kirstyâ€™s work, so weâ€™re very excited to be working with her on this project.
Weâ€™ll keep you posted as more dresses go into her store and we hope you love them as much as we do!
Kirsty also made us this gorgeous Flower Belle gardening apron. Itâ€™s not on sale, but we had to share it as we loved it so much! What do you think? Thank you to Dulcie for modelling it so beautifully for us!
Our Spotter's Guide Kit
The Magic Belles each look after one of lifeâ€™s special wonders
, from the twinkling stars to tiny flower buds, but how good are you at spotting those special wonders?
We had a Magic Belles party this summer and invited some Flutterbud Friends along. Each little friend had her own Spotterâ€™s Guide to tick off special wonders as she spotted them. Everyone had great fun!
Why not make your own mini Spotterâ€™s Guides, just like we did, and see what you can find in the garden? Or print off our full Magic Belles Spotterâ€™s Guide
! Itâ€™s a great holiday activity and fun for Magic Belles parties
If youâ€™re not sure where to look for special wonders or feel like venturing a bit further than your own back garden, here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Look in parks and gardens, especially ones with lots of flowers. Flower Belle loves visiting Kew Gardens near London, Hidcote Manor Garden in the Cotswolds and The Alnwick Garden in Northumberland!
- Look in the sky! On a rainy day, when the sun comes out, you might spot one of Rainbow Belleâ€™s beautiful rainbows - maybe even a double rainbow!
- See if you can spot Butterfly Belle and lots of other butterflies and colourful bugs in a butterfly house! The Tropical Butterfly House in Sheffield and Butterfly World in Hertfordshire are both great places for special wonders!
- At birthday parties or even on a trip to the local bakery, you might see Cupcake Belle adding some sprinkles and magic dust to the sweet treats. Pink doughnuts, cupcakes and cookies are special and wonderful, too!
- If you want to spot some hugs and cuddles, then look no further than your own friends and family â€“ Love Belle is sure to be close by!
- Finally, visit the countryside! Itâ€™s where Star Belle goes to see the twinkling stars in the sky. One of her favourite star-gazing places is in Cornwall at Coombe Mill - a fab farm holiday place, right near the river Camel, where you can see starry skies almost every night! In fact, all of the Magic Belles love going there!
We hope thatâ€™s given you lots of ideas for spotting special wonders - and donâ€™t forget to email us your photos or pictures if you spot any!
Lots of love and magic dust from the Magic Belles in Bellevue xxx
Itâ€™s pretty, itâ€™s purple and it smells fab! Lavender is one of the many special and wonderful flowers in Flower Belle
She grows it because her bee and butterfly friends love its sweet nectar â€“ and because lavender honey tastes very delicious!
Lavenderâ€™s lovely perfume also makes you feel nice and sleepy, which is why itâ€™s used in relaxing bubble baths.
Flower Belle likes to pick lavender flowers and dry them out, then she puts them in little pots around her house to make each room smell nice. Or she makes mini lavender sachets, which she puts near her pillow to help her get to sleep at night.
Make Flower Belleâ€™s Lavender Sachet!
Flower Belle's Lavender Sachet
Flower Belleâ€™s Sachet Template (download it here!)
Glue and glue brush
- Ask a grown-up to cut out the sachet.
- Rest the envelope on a pillow and ask your grown-up helper to prick some holes in the front of the sachet (the centre of each daisy is perfect) to let the lavender scent escape
- Fold over flaps A and B along the dotted lines.
- Brush along the edges of A and B with glue, then stick down flap C.
- Fill the envelope with lovely dried lavender.
- Now, fold over and glue down flap D.
- When your envelope is dry, put it on your bedside table to help you have sweet and magic dreams!
Why not tie a pretty bow around it and give to someone you love? Have fun! xxx
How fab and colourful is this picture of Flower Belle? We love her bright pink hair! 4-year-old Jenna made it using our Colouring Fun
page and she liked it so much, she printed it off and put it on her wall. Thank you so much for sending it in, Jenna - weâ€™re sure that Flower Belle would love to have pink hair for the day! We always love to see your pictures, so keep sending
them in! Lots of love from the Magic Belles in Bellevue. xxx
This weekâ€™s special wonder is one of the most cheerful flowers youâ€™ll ever see â€“ the super sunflower. One of Flower Belleâ€™s
very favourites! We love sunflowers here in Bellevue, because even on a rainy day, they bring some jolly sunshine to the garden.
Though sunflowers look like one giant flower, theyâ€™re made up of thousands of tiny flowers. The big yellow petals protect the little flowers in the middle when the plant is growing. Look closely and youâ€™ll see that the tiny flowers make a groovy spiral pattern.
What do sunflowers smell like?
Sunflowers arenâ€™t just beautiful, theyâ€™re useful, too! Their seeds can be cooked and eaten as a snack or you can squish them to make cooking oil.
In summer, sunflowers grow fast and they can grow very tall. The world record for the tallest sunflower is over 8 metres â€“ as tall as a small tree! Why not see if you can grow a record-breaking sunflower?
How flutterly lovely is this colourful collage made by Tara, aged 5? Itâ€™s Blossom Lodge, where Flower Belle lives and clever Tara cut all the shapes out by herself â€“ even the tiny bell on the side of Flower Belleâ€™s house.
Weâ€™re so in love with this collage, weâ€™ve had to print it out and put it on our wall! What a lovely, jingly surprise! Thank you so much, Tara, for giving us a big smile. Lots of love and magic dust, from the Magic Belles xxx
Guess whoâ€™s all excited to have a new little Flutterbud Friend? Flower Belle, of course! Ana Luiza lives in Brazil and she has lots of favourite things â€“ pretty flowers, the colour pink, and playing with her older brother and her two cousins, Natalia and Julia.
Well, we hope the sun shines for you, Ana Luiza, and that you have lots of fun playing with your friends! Wishing you lots of love and pretty flowers from the Magic Belles xxx
In Bellevue, we think gardens are magical places - not just for grown-ups, but for children, too! Flower Belleâ€™s favourite kind of garden doesnâ€™t just have beautiful flowers that look and smell nice, it has plants for all five senses…
- Plants that rustle in the breeze and sound good!
- Herbs that taste yummy to eat!
- Leaves that feel furry or waxy or even spiny to touch!
This kind of garden is called a ‘sensory gardenâ€™, and you can get some ideas for planting your own here!
One of Flower Belleâ€™s favourite gardens for kids was designed for the childrenâ€™s charity, Kidâ€™s Company. The idea for it came from the end of a funny poem called Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll. Itâ€™s so fab, the garden even won a special medal!
What would you put in your own magical, sensory garden? Do you think it would win a medal? Flower Belle would definitely love it!